Check out this mega men's hairstyle transformation from shoulder-length locks to a disconnected undercut!
Want to get the look yourself? Read our top tips below!
In order to successfully pull off a disconnected undercut, the hair on top of your head will need to be of a decent length. Luckily our long haired model had no problem here!
The length on top of the style is what will ultimately give the disconnected effect, thanks to its heavy contrast with the shorter, faded hair on the back and sides. The final length on top is up to you. Just remember that the longer you leave it, the greater the final effect will be.
Traditionally, the length is slicked back in a high-shine style to create this look. But there are now several variations for the modern gentleman. The style we’ve presented is very much a classic rendition.
Unlike more naturally-sitting haircuts, a disconnected undercut requires regular visits to your barber to maintain its effects; especially the tight faded back and sides.
To create the super slick version of this cut shown in our video, follow the simple points below:
• Start with freshly washed, towel-dried hair.
• Take a bottle of our Sea Salt Spray and spritz it into your damp hair, working it through from roots to tips.
• Grabbing a hairdryer and our Vent Brush, blow-dry your hair backwards into the desired shape. The vent brush will help to add a little life and volume, making sure your new style doesn’t fall flat.
• Once you’ve dried your hair into position, apply a liberal amount of our water-based Pomade to give a high-shine finish that washes out easily. If you want a more natural, textured finish, apply our Matt Clay instead.
• Fix the whole look in place with a little hairspray.
For more great styling tips and barber-grade products, visit www.bluebeards-revenge.co.uk and follow @thebluebeards on social media!