Welcome! This is our contribution to a homestead collaboration between Danny and Wanda from Deep South Homestead in the USA and Liz Zorab from Blyther farms in the UK. The idea is to get homesteaders big and small, urban and rural, anywhere around the world (The more places the better!) to share what homesteading is like where they live. They put together a list of 15 questions to answer and after watching all the videos other homesteads contributed we couldn't wait to make our own! We hope you enjoy it and if you want to add your own video you can reach out to either (or both) Wanda and Danny and/or Liz so they can add your video to their list. You can check out the 'req's' using the links to their channels below.
1. Where in the world are you? (Country)
2. Where approximately is your homestead located? You do not have to give specifics but and east of a major city or west of would help.
3. What is the size of your homestead?
4. Is your homestead rural or urban?
5. What is the climate and weather like?
6. What is the growing season? ( first and last frost)
7. Do you have any animals?
8. What fruits, veggies, grains do you grow?
9. How do you grow your crops? organic, intensive, commercial, raised bed, container, row gardening, BTE, Greenhouse, etc
10. Do you sell any produce, animals or things you create for income?
11. Do you grow solely for your own needs?
12. Do you have health issues that impact or guide your homesteading? Do they affect how you live and work your land?
13. How long have you been homesteading?
14. Do you like homesteading?
15. What homestead activity do you like the most?
Here is the link to the Collaboration Playlist on Deep South Homestead https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfy5IxZ1NtN9unSsXjPdt8I6lmhosm75_
And links to the channels that created this collaboration:
Deep South Homestead https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0P...
Liz Zorab https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe0H...
Please like and subscribe to stay up-to-date on future videos!
Visit our website at https://www.creatingasimplerlife.com/...
Follow us on:
"We're young enough to still have a lot to learn, but old enough not to care!"
We are a middle aged, DIY couple building a debt-free sustainable homestead in the Adirondack Park of New York State for our retirement in a few years! Check out our 'about' page link above for more information!
Rich & Kathie
e-mail us at: